From a few days ago, the default doofinder layer installed for any new search engine is now version 7.
Even though at an aesthetic level it does not seem a lot has changed, with version 7 of the layer we have conducted deep changes of the code, both to troubleshoot problems from previous versions, and to add new features and internal improvements.
- We have added widgets for colour and size (or whatever else you wish to show as a grid option).
- The price slider has been updated, improving the CSS so that it is easier to interact with, also available for mobile devices.
- We have improved the templates and the CSS in general.
- We have included options to make the insertion of the layer into the site more flexible.
- It is now possible have statistics for banners you create (views and clicks) as well as redirections (executions).
- And as a highlight, the classic layer allows you to save the most recent searches to suggest them in future searches.
- And if you did not update to version 6, remember that version 7 maintains the possibility of using the same search filters available in the desktop version in the mobile version of the layer.
As usually the layer is available in two styles: Classic and Fullscreen. Choose one or the other depending on how you want to show the doofinder results: as a floating layer dependent on the search box of your web, or a layer filling the whole window of the browser, for a search experience without distractions.
What are you waiting to set up version 7?
You don’t know how? All the instructions to set up your new layer in this post.