Understanding which requests are made on your site is beneficial because you can know which of your products are in high demand and which are not.
The requests consumption of your Doofinder account is derived from two factors:
- API requests
- Search requests
- The number of items in your data feed. Each time your feed is processed either manually or automatically, requests are counted. The number of requests collected in the process is the number of items processed divided by 100. If 1000 products are processed, then 10 requests are counted. Also, note that Doofinder will compare the data already indexed with your feed’s content when reindexing a feed. If there’s a difference, Doofinder will reindex the entire feed. If there’s no need to modify the index, Doofinder will not process any request.
- If you choose to index through API, you can do this manually or through plugins.
- This way, you can send a request to the index for each product, processing one request per API call. You can also go for bulk modification and perform up to 100 updates within one request. Finally, it could also depend on the number of calls to your API, search or Management, whereby OneAPI call = One request.
- Through Plugins:
- In some platforms, the Doofinder plugin can index in real-time to reflect your catalogue at all times in the Doofinder index. These platforms include WooCommerce, Magento2, Shopify, BigCommerce, Shopware and JTL.
- Finally, Navigation within the Doofinder admin generates requests, for instance, within the statistics page.
- Using the Doofinder Layer, your users’ number of actual requests from the search box on your web page. The first request is made when the user writes at least three characters. One single search usually consists of an average of five or six requests to Doofinder’s servers.
- If you go by multi-indices search, Doofinder will perform a different request to each index when searching.
- Suggestions have their own index. When active, each search will generate a new request to the suggestion index.
- Facets: When the user clicks in the facets section for filtering, a request is made to our servers.
- Pagination: when scrolling within the Doofinder layer, new pages will load to display more products. Each page will then generate a new request. The number of products per page will depend on the results per page as configured in the script. The default value is usually 30 results per page.
You can check your requests consumption in your admin control panel under the Usage section, the total amount, or by individually selecting your engines.
📌 Note: In the Usage section, the API requests graphic includes all indexing requests, whether a feed or API. Queries graphic includes both layers and Search API requests.
Should you encounter any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: July 2021