To begin the installation process:
- Get the Doofinder plugin from PrestaShop’s official Addons Marketplace;
- Get the Doofinder plugin from our Github repository. Download the .zip file and save it on your computer to be accessed later.
Installing the Plugin
- Login to your PrestaShop account.
- On the Dashboard, go to Modules and select the Modules Manager.
- In the top right corner, select the Upload a Module button, from which a pop-up page will appear, prompting you to drag the module file there or select the file.
- In the ‘select the file’ option, find the .zip file you downloaded earlier on, select and upload it.
- Hit the Configure button or close the pop-up window.
- If you closed the pop-up window and want to continue with the set-up later, you can find the Doofinder module under the Doofinder module manager section.
If you want to continue with the set-up now, keep reading this article.
Configure and Install the Live Layer
Doofinder has released a Live Layer, including many improvements, making it a lighter and more powerful layer for your online shop.
📌 Note: Automatic configuration can only be done when you are installing Doofinder for the first time. If this is not your first time, please check Manual configuration for specifics.
To begin with the set-up configuration, click on the ‘Set up’ button.
You will be required to log in to your existing Doofinder account or, in case you don’t have, sign up for one.
Before being redirected to your Doofinder Account, a setup wizard will appear and will run for some seconds, creating the search engines for all the languages and currencies you have set in your data feed.
You are now ready to go!
For further configuration, you can log in to your Doofinder Account.
Search Engine Creation:
First, you need to create a search engine. So, go to https://app.doofinder.com/en/installer/
Choose a name for your search engine and enter the URL of your website.
Click on Continue.
Now, choose a platform if it has not been automatically selected by default and click on continue.
Select the language and currency to use in your new search engine. Click on continue.
The script must be published in your HTML code to get Doofinder Live Layer working on your site. So, copy your Installation ID and click on Got it, continue.
Now, paste the Installation ID in the Search Layer section of your Prestashop account.
Should you encounter any problems, please contact email@example.com
- How to publish the Script in Prestashop
- How to activate the Live Layer in your current V7 script – Prestashop
- Troubleshooting for Prestashop
Last updated: Jan 2022