Banners allow you to promote certain products or marketing campaigns in your search results. You can configure them to trigger on specific date periods and selectively by search terms.
The Banners List
To configure Banners, go to Search Engines list, choose one of them and then navigate to the Banners tab.
At the Banners Section you will see a green button to add new banners and the list of banners you have already created if you have done so. Created banners are listed in a table with 5 columns
- Name: A custom name to identify each banner.
- Terms: The terms that trigger this banner.
- Impressions: How many times this banner has been shown to users.
- Clicks: How many times this banner has been clicked.
- Status: The status of a banner can be:
- Active: The Banner is currently shown if someone types one of the search terms.
- Scheduled: The validity period for this banner hasn’t started yet.
- Expired: The Banner is not shown anymore, its validity period is over.
- Disabled: The Banner is disabled and won’t be shown.
- Default: If some banner has this mark, it will be shown for all non-specified terms.
You can add new banners by clicking the green button over the banners list or update any previously created banner by clicking over it at the banners list. In both cases you will be taken to a banner configuration form. The form contains diferent sections:
Basic options for all Banners are:
- Name: The name to identify this Banner at the Banners List.
- Enable/Disable banner: A checkbox to disable the banner without deleting it.
- Default Banner: Set this banner as the default one for all non-specified search terms.
- Validity Period: Set the date range when this banner will be shown to users.
Notice: Only one banner can be set as default. Whenever you set some banner as default, the previous one (if exists) will be unset.
This will allow you to type and add multiple terms that will trigger this banner. This means that whenever a user types one of this terms, this banner will show up in top of the results layer.
Terms can be set in two ways:
- Exact Match: This Banner will be shown if the user types EXACTLY this search term.
- Broad Match: This Banner will be shown if the text typed by the user CONTAINS this search term.
To choose your banner, you can upload a local image by clicking the Upload Banner button as well as using a publicly accesible image.
- Uploaded Image: When editing, this will show the current uploaded image. It will be empty when creating a new banner. Recommended image size and format is shown in help text.
- Target Link: This is the URL that will be opened in the browser when the user clicks the banner.
- Open in new window: This checkbox will add a link attribute to open the target URL in a new window so users can keep the current search page.
Banner image size
There’s no a standard size for banners in doofinder, due the layer size is variable.
As a recommendation, for desktop is 150 pixels height and 500-800 pixels wide.The recommended size for mobile is 320 pixels wide and 50 pixels height.
This is not mandatory, it’s only a recommendation. You can do the banners as best fit your layer.
Remember, if you upload the image to our servers, the max file size is 150 Kb.
Notice: Remember to save your changes clicking the Save button before leaving the page.
Now go on and create some banners to promote your upcomming events or best selling products!