To begin the installation process, ensure that you have the WooCommerce plugin already running on your website.
- In WooCommerce, navigate to the Plugins > Add New section and search for the Doofinder for WooCommerce plugin.
- Install and activate the Plugin.
- Then, head on to WooCommerce > Settings > Doofinder Search to proceed with a few other necessary configurations.
- Under the Doofinder Search tab, hit the Setup Wizard button to begin the configuration.You will be prompted to Sign up or Login depending on whether you have a Doofinder account or not. Ensure you have one before proceeding.
- WooCommerce will automatically connect to Doofinder, index your products and even create the layer that embeds Doofinder’s search.
To install the extension you can go to the Plugins > Add New menu, search the extension in the WordPress Plugin Directory and choose Install Now. You will find the plugin in the official WordPress plugins repository.
- Upon completing these basic configurations, Doofinder should be installed and running on your site. From there, you can proceed with other manual configurations.
There are a few other manual configurations that you can also include on your site, such as the following:
- While still under the Doofinder search tab, there are four other sub-tabs: Search Data, Indexing and Log. Under the Search, sub-tab confirm that the Internal Search and Doofinder Layer checkboxes are checked. Enable Banner is optional.
- Under the Doofinder Search > Data sub-tab, you may select whether to Export product prices, Export Product tags, Split variable products and so on. The data is indexed through the API.
Note: By ticking the Split Variable Products checkbox, the plugin will index all the variations.
- Next, under Doofinder Search > Indexing sub-tab, you can push the catalogue re-indexing simply by pressing Reindex All. Alternatively, Doofinder will index in real-time.
⚠️ Warning: Make sure to read the warning note before reindexing.
Once completed, you can proceed with other Doofinder-specific configuration and customisation to your preference.
Should you encounter any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: May 2021